Halloween is quickly approaching and your kids may already be hassling you about Trick or Treating and ogling the bags of mini chocolates and sweets on Supermarket shelves.
Our tip to keep sane amidst the hype is to have fun and get crafty with some decoration!
Here’s one of our fave’ Halloween craft ideas to keep the kids busy in the lead up to October 31st.
You will need:
What to do:
- Fold in both sides of 1 end of the toilet roll to the centre to create 2 pointed ears
- Colour it in black pen (or you can wrap in the black card and seal with tape at the back)
- Fold a piece of black paper in half and draw 2 bat wing shapes against the fold
- Cut around the shape and open out to reveal 2 wings
- Stick on 2 googly eyes to make the face for your bat (add fangs too if you like!)
- Attach your wings to the back of your bat - cute hey?
You can hang them, sit them on a shelf, decorate a tree, keep your sweet treats inside them (we have 1 in our shop window!).
Happy Halloween from Lemon Zebra Kids.
Did you know?
Halloween began as Celtic ritual marking the end of harvest season and the beginning of Winter.